I want to tell you I miss
you with no subtext. No guilt,
no anger, no expectation
that you’ll fix it. I don’t want
you to feel bad or to tell
me it will get better. This
is where we are meant to be
right now – me apart from you,
my hands a little empty and
my heart a little sad.
I just miss you.
I wanted you to know.
- gay guys don’t have to be disgusted by vagina
- lesbians don’t have nightmares after seeing cock
- gay guys can appreaciate beautiful women
- lesbians can appreciate handsome men
- it doesn’t make them less gay
- straight guys can appreciate handsome men
- straight girls can appreciate beautiful women
- it doesn’t make them less straight
If you don’t end up smiling while you are kissing someone, you are probably kissing the wrong person.
I wouldn’t necessarily mind people not knowing I’m gay, but I don’t like being thought of as straight — in the same way that I don’t mind people not knowing I’m a writer, but it would be awkward if they assumed I was an extreme skateboarder, because that’s so far removed from the reality of my life. But there is no blank slate where orientation is concerned; we are straight until proven otherwise. And if you’ve never seen how dramatically a conversation can be derailed by a casual admission of homosexuality, let me tell you, it gets awkward.